Welcoming All People
Dumbarton welcomes and affirms all people in the life of our community. As a reconciling congregation, working with the Reconciling Ministries Network, we make additional efforts to welcome gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and queer persons.
- Participating in Equality March.
- Table at Capital Pride Festival.
- Advertising in the Blade.
- Reconciling Sunday. Every year we celebrate our commitment to being a reconciling people. A special service, followed by a Mardi Gras brunch, is held on the Sunday before Ash Wednesday.
- Marriage Equality. Dumbarton was the first United Methodist Church to publicly affirm our intention to honor and celebrate the wedding of any couple licensed in the District of Columbia seeking marriage.